Preferred Orlando Dining Destinations
Food and travel go together like bread and water or in my case, stilton cheese and tawny port. I have compiled a short list of my preferred dining destinations here in O-town The City Beautiful. So tourists and residents alike set your food GPS and lets roll.
- VICTORIA & ALBERTS – The “Mouses” contribution to my compilation, as stated on their website “The ultimate in fine dining at WALT DISNEY WORLD Resort and one of the finest restaurants in the Southeast.” A menu created and inspired by Chef Scott Hunnels’ own journeys to far away places utilizing the finest of fresh and seasonal ingredients then paired with fabulous wines and impeccable service make this a premier tourist must. www.victoria-alberts.com (407) 939-3463
- K – Few tourists know about it but the locals flock to it! Walk in, and embrace the character of the old home that houses the restaurant in the quaint neighborhood of College Park. The ever changing menu, featured artists, and Chef/Owner Kevin Fonzo all combine to create a lasting impression for your palate! www.kwinebar.com (407) 872-2332
- ANTONIOS RISTORANTE (Maitland) – “Apparecchia la tavola,” “set the table,” for a unique dining experience as you have the choice of the casual market café and wine shop downstairs or the Tuscan villa ambience upstairs. Chef Scott Copeland (the upstairs kitchen) utilizes the freshest seafood, veal, steaks & chops in his authentic Italian inspired dishes. An extensive wine list consisting of over 600 wines is at your fingertips. www.antoniosonline.com (888) 690-0448
- RUSTY SPOON – Their tag – American food, European roots, locally sourced – pays homage to our Florida family of farmers who provide the eclectic offering. This “Gastro Pub” located in downtown Orlando with Kathleen Blake in the kitchen has taken traditional British pub grub and transformed it. Case in point, “The 55” a half pound of Grass fed beef stuffed with bacon and gruyere, smothered with onions, aioli and house made pickles, need I say more???? www.therestyspoon.com (407) 401-8811
- BARJME – To quote our local food critic Heather McPherson of the Orlando Sentinel, “Dinner at the kitchen counter may never be the same!” The award-winning executive Chef Jamie McFadden has created a wildly unique dining experience. The concept –personal interactive dining (for a lucky 10 to 12 individuals) that will take your palate on a multi-course tour of breakfast, lunch and dinner. It is created and presented at the catering kitchen counter which coincidentally is the heart of his catering firm CUISINIERS. www.cuisinierscater.com (407) 975-8763
Food can and does simply bring people together, but when adding travel to the mix it takes everything to new heights. So, get your food on and experience everything delicious in Orlando.